Featured Post - How To Make The Best Scrambled Eggs!

scrambled eggs

How To Make Scrambled Eggs

I refuse to order scrambled eggs at restaurants anymore. They suck. Which is a shame, because I love going out for breakfast...especially brunch! That used to be my favorite thing to do---Sunday brunch at a local restaurant---I'll have scrambled eggs and a bloodie, please! But more and more, the eggs that I get on my plate are overcooked and rubbery. Maybe it's an L.A. thing? Finding a good breakfast joint in this town is a serious task! But none the less, I don't order them anymore. Ditto on omelets. Don't EVEN get me started on omelets. The tragedy!

How to make the best scrambled eggs, after the jump...

A few years ago I hosted a brunch at my apartment and Simone volunteered to make the scrambled eggs. What an eye-opener that was?! I had never seen anyone make scrambled eggs that way! Plus, they were divine---fluffy and light and full of delicate texture. I closely watched as she made a second batch and tried to learn the technique.


Over the last few years I've expanded on the technique I learned by watching Simone and I really think it's the BEST way to make scrambled eggs! It's simple really. The two key points are:

1. You must use low heat throughout the entire cooking process

2. You must stir and scrape the bottom of the pan, for the ENTIRE cooking time!

Simone's Scrambled Eggs

3 eggs
1/2 tablespoon of butter
Pinch of salt and pepper

Crack eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. I usually add about 1/4 teaspoon of salt, or less. Place a non-stick pan on a burner turned to low heat. Immediately add the butter. DO NOT wait for the pan to heat up before adding the butter. Wait for the butter to slightly melt...about 30 seconds, and add the eggs. Immediately begin to stir and scrape the bottom and sides of the pan. You want to prevent the eggs from solidifying right away. Stir, stir, stir. Scrape, scrape, scrape. Right before the eggs are completely solid(you should still see some liquid egg yolk and white, but just a little), turn the heat off and continue to stir in the pan until no more liquid egg is visible. Let sit in pan for about a minute and serve.

Do you have a different technique? Share it with us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment