3 Easy Chicken Dinner Tips!

By Danny

Chicken Dinner

Quick Dinner Ideas

Now that Summer is over, I've returned to work and my once luxurious Summer schedule has turned into hectic, back-to-school madness. So when I get home from teaching, the last thing I want to do is cook! The problem is that I also don't want to eat crappy food. Hence, my easy chicken dinner tips!

3 Easy Chicken Dinner Tips after the jump...

Grocery Store Roasted Chicken

Pre-roasted chickens from grocery stores are your friend! Believe me, they are wonderful. I started buying these pre-roasted chickens in graduate school. They are just really convenient. I'm all about home made and making things from scratch, but picking up a warm, roasted chicken that costs me $8 bucks is just too tempting to pass up!

Convenient AND economical!

Not only are they convenient, but they are cost effective! I usually manage to make about 5 meals out of one chicken! Talk about economical! First thing I do when I get home from the grocery store is take the chicken apart and place all of the meat in a tupperwear container. When the chicken is fresh from the store and still warm it is really easy to tear apart.


Easy Dinner Tip #1

Make Chicken Tacos. Use corn tortillas, grilled onions, sour cream, salsa, and cilantro. Super easy and super yummy. One of our most popular posts was for Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream. I used store bought roasted chicken in that recipe!

Easy Dinner Tip #2

Make Chicken Salad. This is more of lunch, but I sometimes have chicken salad for dinner. Tear up some of the chicken and chop in some onions, parsely, garlic, lemon zest,and a bit of mayonnaise. I even add apples, and walnuts sometimes. Very yummy!

Easy Dinner Tip #3

Make Chicken Noodle Soup. Saute some onions, celery, and carrots. Add some chicken stock and boil noodles. Add the chicken and a bit of lime juice. Voila!

Do you have any other quick chicken dinner tips? Leave a comment and let us know!

And don't forget to Stumble or Delicious our posts if you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment