Best Coconut Macaroon Recipe

banana cakeBy Danny


Easy and Delicious Cookie



Michael loves coconut so I've been talking about making him some coconut macaroons for quite a while. I finally got around to making them and the thing that was so surprising was how easy and simple they are to make...







Ingredients


7 ounces shredded sweetened coconut
10 ounces shredded un-sweetened coconut
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 extra large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.

Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or two teaspoons. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.

Recipe modified from the Barefoot Contessa.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these look amazing! Love, love, love coconut! Thanks so much.

+Jessie

Danny said...

Thanks Jessie! These are SO simple to make...I really was surprised!

Tangled Noodle said...

That is really easy! And I just so happen to have grated coconut and sweetened condensed milk left over from something else but didn't know quite how to use up. I think I'll whip me up somethin' sweet tonight!

Danny said...

Hi tangled noodle!

Yes, it is just amazing to me that these macaroons are this easy to prepare...would love to know how yours turn out!

Anonymous said...

I have a similar recipe that gets raves every time I make them.

I like to food-process the coconut before mixing, to make the flakes smaller. I like the texture better that way.

Also - these macaroons taste soooo much better a day (or three) after they're made. Seal them in a cookie tin, and they soften up and get all super yummy!

Post a Comment