Why The Temperature Of Your Eggs is Ruining Your Cakes!

banana cakeBy Danny


room temperature eggs

Baking Tip: Room Temperature Eggs Are Better For Cakes


If you're not already baking cakes with room temperature eggs, stop what you're doing---put the cold eggs down, and read.

Room temperature eggs whisk to higher volumes and ensure that the cake rises properly when baked. It really makes a difference!

Want to make a CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE but forgot to take the eggs out of the refrigerator? Not to worry. Simply fill a bowl with warm water and let the eggs sit for 15 minutes, and Voila! Room temperature eggs!

Do you have any other tricks to lower the temperature of the eggs? Leave us a comment and let us know!

Subscribe to Over The Hill And On A Roll by Email

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great tip!!! I learned this at a young age and it made a world of difference to my cakes!

Unknown said...

This is an awesome tip! I ALWAYS forget to take my eggs out of the fridge to bring to room temp.

Danny said...

Thanks jennifer and Sly,

This tip has saved me SO MANY times!

gaga said...

Thanks for sharing this. From now on I'll be more patient in waiting for me eggs to come to room temp.

Soon, Then said...

Huh. I never knew this. Thanks!

Jess said...

I do that ALL the time, I also put my sticks of butter over the hot air vents to make them soft quickly. As you can see, my baking is usually spontaneous and without much pre-planning

Danny said...

Gaga, Soon Then, and Jess,

Thanks for the comments! This has tip has been such a lifesaver!

Naomi Devlin said...

I just never put my eggs in the fridge in the first place! we eat eggs so quickly in this house that there is no question of them going bad! Having said that, we don't live in a hot country, so.....

It definitely makes a huge difference.

x x x

Stef said...

Good tip! I'm such a slacker when it comes to letting my eggs come to room temp.

Anonymous said...

great tip have used it for years but i use it to RAISE the temp of the eggs to room temp, not LOWER the temp...lol

Post a Comment