Sunny Morning Strawberry Jam Flavored With Mexican Vanilla


Strawberry jam on toast is one of those treats best eaten on a sunny morning. Don't ask me why, it just is.

After reading this article in the LA Times, I immediately started experimenting with different jams. Although strawberries are no longer in season, I luckily made a batch when they were in season and now I've been enjoying this delectable jam flavored with Mexican vanilla on sunny Fall mornings.


This jam has replaced my very favorite lemon curd on toast as my morning treat...for the time being that is.


I followed the LA Times recipe for Perfumed Nectarine Jam only replacing the fruit with strawberries and vanilla.  It's a versatile recipe so add or subtract whatever you'd like!

LA Times Jam Recipe

1 comment:

~ Chef Louise said...

butter toast and jam~ who needs anything else, well maybe some coffee... i would love for you to check out my site, per your suggestion i am now using the foil notebook...lol- any advice would be greatly appreciated~!

Post a Comment