Shaved Fennel Salad with Tuna, Cannellini Beans, and Red Onion

Ok, I know this salad sounds more like a Summer salad, but I live in Southern California.  I can't help that our "winters" are actually warm making me crave refreshing salads like this.  It's not my fault.
   
A spin on the classic Tuna and Cannellini bean salad, this salad adds shaved fennel as the star ingredient giving it a crunchy and refreshing contrast.  To round out the flavors I chopped some wild arugula using it more like an herb than a lettuce green.  The arugula gives it a nice peppery spice that plays off the sweetness of the fennel.


To top it all off I made a basic red wine and mustard vinaigrette that really helped to bring all of the flavors together.

Once again, not much of a recipe here...just throw all of the ingredients together and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment