Sometimes I Shove Spoonfuls Of Chocolate Pudding Into My Mouth


Sometimes there is nothing better than a heaping spoonful of dark chocolate pudding shoved into your mouth. I do this often. Just like that. Shoved into my mouth. It's great. You should try it sometime.


This chocolate pudding recipe comes together fairly quickly. Just a few high quality ingredients and you'll be on your way to spoonful heaven.


Based on the Martha Stewart Recipe found Here

Ingredients

2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa (spooned and leveled)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups whole milk
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, plus shavings

Directions

Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually whisk in milk, taking care to dissolve cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolks.

Whisking constantly, heat over medium until the first large bubble sputters, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, whisking, 1 minute. Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Add butter, vanilla, and chocolate; stir until smooth.

Place plastic wrap on surface of pudding (to prevent a skin from forming); chill at least 3 hours (or up to 3 days). To serve, whisk until smooth; divide among serving cups, and garnish with shavings.

5 comments:

tinytearoom said...

oh my, this looks incredibly good. It makes me want to make the recipe.

CarinE said...

I love chocolate pudding. I have them every sunday for dessert. I think I'll try out your recipe...soon....VERY soon. okay. this Sunday.

angela@spinachtiger said...

This would work in chocolate pie too, and then I'm in 7th heaven.

Anonymous said...

my roommate sent me the title of this post and asked if i was writing a blog incognito; shoving spoonfuls of chocolate pudding into my mouth is more of a routine than a random happening. love this!

Danny said...

Thanks everyone!

Post a Comment