Pea Shoot Crostini With Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette, Nasturtium Petals, and Fresh Ricotta

 
Now that my garden is in full production I'm starting to enjoy one of my favorite treats: Pea Shoots!  I've been itching to nibble on these little guys because they are in a super-tender state at the moment.

 
I decided to whip up this delicious snack by toasting some sourdough bread, making some easy five minute ricotta, and finally making a delicious meyer lemon vinaigrette.....this actually makes it sound harder than it is---all I really did was squeeze some meyer lemon juice into a bowl with olive oil, sugar, and salt and gave it a quick whisk.  


To finish it all off I tossed the fresh pea shoots in the vinaigrette, spread the toasted bread with the ricotta and topped it off with the pea shoots.  Small Nasturtium petals act as garnish but also gives these little Crostini a delicate peppery bite.  Hurray for Spring!

2 comments:

angela@spinachtiger said...

I've just puchased pea shoots to decorate a soup and there will plenty left over. Love your recipe.

Danny said...

Thanks Angela! It was yummy!

Post a Comment