Heirloom Tomato Salad With Fresh Oregano And Red Wine Vinaigrette


Nothing says Summer like a fresh tomato salad made with heirloom tomatoes straight from the garden. My tomato plants this year are slow to produce so I'll be enjoying a late Summer harvest, but luckily I was able to enjoy just a few early this season.


When I have good tomatoes I don't like to mess with them too much. I make a light red wine vinaigrette with a bit of garlic and olive oil and toss the tomatoes with fresh oregano. I salt the salad at the very end so it doesn't get too watery.



Eaten with crusty french or sourdough bread, this tomato salad is pure heaven!

6 comments:

angela@spinachtiger said...

We are just now enjoying tomatoes from our garden. And, it's like a meal.I agree with you. They don't need too much messing with. Such a perfect fruit.

Danny said...

Thanks Angela. It's a shame that many people don't enjoy tomatoes for their simplicity. Glad to hear you do!

pharmacy said...

Great post! Keep it up the good work and also keep posting.

freelance writing jobs said...

That is the most tasty tomatoes! I like it very much!!

bathroom said...

Hello
Heirloom Tomato Salad With Fresh Oregano And Red Wine Vinaigrette
Many thanks, fairly refreshing, I enjoyed reading your article, You are wonderful!
Thank you!

Selena said...

Wow! what a delicious and healthy tomato salad. I'm craving for it. Thanks and by the way, I'll save this recipe. Have you added a cayenne pepper on this recipe?

Post a Comment