Gruyere Grilled Cheese With Prosciutto and Mustard


When you're feeling down or depressed, try making this sandwich. It's yummy and cheesy and full of goodness and will instantly make you feel better.

Sliced Gruyere cheese is layered with thin slices of prosciutto and then placed inside thick slices of sourdough bread that has been spread with butter on the outside and mustard on the inside.


Grilled on a cast iron skillet until all the cheese melts, this sandwich is the perfect comfort food...for any mood!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

looks scrumptious...beautiful.

Danny said...

Thanks Elizabeth!

Kat said...

Yum - I love all of these flavors!

marla said...

I love the strong, bold flavor of gruyere. Lovely grilled cheese.

sippitysup said...

I usually gawk quietly, but I just have to ask. Is that the grilled cheese bag from Campblogaway you are using as a prop? Actually I see that it is not, but at first glance I thought. Damn that makes a fine looking grilled sandwich... GREG

Maureen said...

Just looking at these photos makes me feel better already. This is a grownup grilled cheese sandwich.

T and Tea Cake said...

I love the rustic look and simplicity. Beautiful und delicious for sure.

Tobias

Peggy said...

Oh my gosh this looks amazing! This may have to be my new favorite grilled cheese =)

Lizzie in Los Angeles said...

Looks yummy! Any particular kind/type of mustard? I'd tend toward Dijon, but maybe you have a preference ....

top pills said...

First time I see this kind of sandwich, but I have to say it looks so appetizing. I would like to be at home to prepare a couple of them.

Post a Comment