Handmade Pasta With Chorizo, Kale, And Cannellini Beans


Pasta tossed with a few ingredients is one of my favorite Summer meals.  I've never been a big fan of heavy tomato sauces so it only makes sens that I'd gravitate toward a pasta dish like this.  I made this recipe by modifying this Martha Stewart recipe for Pasta with Kale and Bacon.



While Martha's recipe sounded perfectly yummy I wanted to make it just a bit more special by trying my hand at making my own pasta.  While not an every night kind of thing, making my own pasta turned out to be fun and simple, adding a nice complex bite to the dish.


I rounded out the recipe by substituting my own homemade Chorizo for the bacon and adding Cannellini beans and grated Gruyere cheese.  Tossed together with a bit of pasta water, this type of "sauceless" pasta is the perfect type of meal for a Summer evening.



7 comments:

Katie said...

i can't wait to try this! i love your blog, keep up the good work!

Heidi @ Food Doodles said...

That looks fantastic! I've been making my own pasta lately and we can't get enough of it - it's so good :D I love the kale and beans on your dish! I need to get more creative with my pasta :)

Danny said...

Thanks Katie and Heidi!

Anonymous said...

nice post

Dora Romero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Micaela Boland said...

I'm amazed how you made your own pasta instead of buying to stores. You put a lot of passion to your dish that I'm sure will taste really delicious!

gluten free pasta

combivir said...

Thanks for sharing about recipe blog.i like pasta...

Post a Comment