White Wine "Affogato" with Blood Orange Sorbet


While having a glass of white on a recent Sunday afternoon a blast of genius wafted over my ice cold glass of Pinot Grigio. The pint of blood orange sorbet I'd bought the day before had been taunting me all day but my glass of Pinot was truly hitting the spot---what to do, what to do?

My brilliant idea of course was to scoop the sorbet right into my glass. Mike looked at me like I was crazy (or a lush. or both.) but I knew that it would be delicious, and it certainly was.


An Affogato is traditionally made with espresso, but since "Affogato" technically translates to "drowned" I felt like I had creative liberty to change it up. A nice dry table wine works great here---the citrus undertones of the white works great with the blood orange and the sweetness of the sorbet melds well with a dry white.

Scoop, pour, and dip your spoon in the Summer goodness!

7 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

I have done affogato before without knowing what I was doing. It had a name?? GREG

Danny said...

Did you make yours with espresso or wine?

-Danny

kankana said...

SO glad to find this gorgeous space of yours. This sorbet looks pretty awsm. :)

Best wines australia said...

Interesting blog. I'll try this sorbet thing!

angela said...

I like this idea, but with champagne, but I'll drink/slurp either one thank you very much.

Danny said...

Oooh! Champagne!

-Danny

xlpharmacy said...

I didn't know that there are something like that. It looks pretty delicious and I bet that it tastes too. but at least you don't have to give it so much work.

Post a Comment